Bobbie Ann Cole’s writing career goes all the way back to her version, aged six, of Hansel & Gretel: “It didn’t go cwit the way they had inspecte—the birds et all the crums up.”
Many short stories and articles later, She Does Not Fear the Snow, her miraculous coming-to-faith story, became an Amazon #1 bestseller and Munce 2012 Prizewinner. This was followed in 2015 by a further Amazon #1 bestseller, Love Triangles, Discovering Jesus the Jew in Today’s Israel, which charts the joys and challenges of living in Israel as a Jewish believer in Jesus.
Today, Bobbie is moving from memoir to narrative non-fiction with Independence, a true story of war-torn love during the Irish War of Independence, 1921, with the centennial coming up in 2021.
Bobbie is passing on her wealth of writing knowledge to would-be writers through her comprehensive new Writer Ropes Course, which will help them start—and finish—writing an amazing book.
- “Bobbie is a gifted storyteller who shares her heart with warmth, passion and conviction.”—Paul Parkhouse, Communications Director, International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
- “Thanks so MUCH for our interview today! We had such an enjoyable time with you and you gave out some very insightful information.”—Robin MacBlane, WOCA The Source Radio
- Bobbie is charming and has a storyteller’s ability to bring you along with her. Melinda Walsh, Ga., Author The Secrets of Wildly Successful Women
- A very inspiring and challenging message, simple but profound. Christy Smith, Senior Pastor Elim Brighton, UK
- Bobbie is able to engage the audience. Rev. Canon Keith Osborne, NB
Bobbie’s God Story
Bobbie’s story echoes that of Ruth in the Bible. Like her, she entered Israel broken, having suffered cancer that led to the failure of both her long-term marriage and her business. Like her, she was claimed to faith, having met Jesus in a Jerusalem church where, as a Jew, she thought she wasn’t supposed to be. And like her she would meet and marry the man God had for her, her Boaz of strong faith.
Bobbie’s Amazon #1 bestseller memoir, She Does Not Fear the Snow, tells the story.
What You’ll Learn from this Book:
- God cares about each and every one of us. He speaks to us through signs and wonders great and small, if we can only open our eyes to see.
- He directs our lives
- Today is still the age of miracles
- Facing rejection: When a Jew accepts Jesus, they cross a line that turns them into a traitor in the eyes of their friends and family.
Bobbie and Butch went to Israel as volunteers and fell in love with this Land where the Bible bursts into life. They decided to immigrate. As Israeli citizens, Butch was free to be his Christian self but not so Bobbie. As a Jewish believer in Jesus she was uncomfortably aware of prejudice from the Jewish population and the government, leaving her unable to fit in.
Bobbie’s Amazon #1 bestseller memoir and faith travelogue Love Triangles, Discovering Jesus the Jew in Today’s Israel tells the story.
What You’ll Learn from this Book:
- Israel and its Jewish population reject Jews who believe in Jesus
- Messianic Judaism (Jews who believe in Jesus) is growing fast
- Gospel stories come to life in Israel
- Israel is the apple of God’s eye
- Joseph and the first Christmas
- Jesus had a Bar Mitzvah
- How Jesus used Jewish festivals and rituals to underscore His message
- How He linked the events of Passover to the crucifixion
- Aspects of daily life in the time of the Bible
Writer Ropes Course
Many of us long to write a book but are held back by a sense of overwhelm. Yet we have an important message we need to share with others.
This course accompanies the writer on their book creation journey by teaching on every aspect of planning, writing, editing and publishing a book.
Some Things You’ll Learn From this Course
- The need to prioritize your book project
- What is story and why is it so important?
- Writing a book is like decorating a room. It’s the preparation that takes the time.
- Write for one reader
- There is no such thing as writers block
- Editing is like sending kisses to your reader.
Independence-Bobbie’s Latest Project About the Irish War of Independence, 1921
A True Tale of War-Torn Love in Ireland
Genre: Narrative Non-fiction
At the height of the Irish War of Independence, 1921, British newlyweds Rose and Albert Thomas take dream jobs as caretakers of a remote Irish castle. They think they’ll be safe there but they are wrong.
Independence charts the journey of Englishwoman Rose Thomas to self-determination as a wife in the midst of Ireland’s own bid for independence as a country, the centennial of which will be celebrated in 2021.